The HMnS 2021 is the 5th international conference covering all scientific and technical aspects of medium and high Mn steels. In this conference, the topic of high Mn Nitrogen steels will also be included. After the success of the previous HMnS conferences in Seoul (2011), Aachen (2014), Chengdu (2016) and again Aachen (2019), the HMnS2021 will move to Linz, Austria. Here, many researchers intensively deal with research and development of medium and high Mn steels. Therefore, we intend to offer an international forum to this specific point of interest.
Medium and high Mn steels exhibit complex deformation mechanisms, leading to an extraordinary combination of mechanical properties. Austenitic single-phase high Mn steels, austenitic high Mn Nitrogen steels and multi-phase medium Mn steels between 3-30 wt-% will be addressed to cover the ongoing scientific and industrial developments in the design of Mn-rich high-strength steels. The HMnS2021 will bring together international scientists and engineers to discuss the understanding of the underlying physical phenomena and possible answers to relevant technical challenges.
We intend to adress participants from both industry and scientific institutions. Oral sessions will range from fundamental aspects to final application. In addition, a conference tour, included in the program, will present a globally unique adventure world dedicated to steel, voestalpine Stahlwelt, along with the voestalpine plant visit.
- Prof. Schneider, Reinhold
- Prof. Krizan, Daniel
Local Organizing Committee
- Mr. Rainer FLUCH, Böhler Edelstahl GmbH, Austria
- Mr. Friedrich FÜREDER-KITZMÜLLER, voestalpine Stahl GmbH Linz, Austria
- Mr. Hannes GOTTWALD, voestalpine Stahl GmbH Linz, Austria
- Dr. Gerhard HACKL, ASMET, Austria
- Ms. Simone KAAR, University of Appl. Sci. Upper Austria, Austria
- Mrs. Tatiana KECK, voestalpine Stahl GmbH Linz, Austria
- Prof. Daniel KRIZAN, voestalpine Stahl GmbH Linz, Austria
- Mrs. Ulrike REDL, voestalpine Stahl GmbH Linz, Austria
- Prof. Reinhold SCHNEIDER, University of Appl. Sci. Upper Austria, Austria
- Mr. Matthias WALLNER, University of Appl. Sci. Upper Austria, Austria
- Abstract Submission Due: Nov 30, 2020
- Acceptance Notification Due: Jan 31, 2021
- Early Registration Due: Mar 31, 2021
- Extended Abstract Due: Mar 31, 2021
- Final Registration: Apr 30, 2021