Welcome to IAMOT2017
The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology and ASMET (The Austrian Society for Metallurgy and Materials) welcome you to the 26th International Association for Management of Technology Conference (IAMOT 2017) in Vienna, May 14-18, 2017.
Thanks to a long and successful series IAMOT conferences have become the premier international event for management academics and practitioners worldwide. The target audience covers the whole strategy and technology community. The core theme for the conference is strategy development and MoT (Management of Technology) – future thinking, where researchers, scholars and industry participants from all over the world will explore ideas, theories, innovations, and technologies that change lives, and transform the world.
Scope of IAMOT 2017
Innovation systems face new challenges in the digitalization. Organizations must innovate in order to succeed over time. An increasing portion of this innovation is enabled or driven by digital technologies. New products, services, operations, business models, industrial arrangements, work organization have all been dramatically influenced by the digital technologies. New work skills are required. On the other hand resilience through differentiation could give new changes for smallscale structure regions in the age of globalization.
The objective of IAMOT 2017 is to offer a scope for science, research, and management for discussing the specific effects of digital technologies on different forms of innovation.
IAMOT is a platform for discussing theoretical frameworks and concepts of the latest findings in MoT (Management of Technology), management / governing of innovation systems, and R&D concepts, technology transfer, theory of technology. The last years conferences brought in future thinking and foresight methodologies for MoT and innovation systems.
IAMOT2017 underlies these findings and approaches of the last years and will explore new ideas and inventions for managing the current challenges of the disruptive technologies rooting in ICT (Information Communication Technology) and digitalization with tremendous effects in science, research and industry as well as SMEs worldwide. New products, services, operations, business models, industrial arrangements, work organization have all been dramatically influenced by the digital technologies. New work skills are required.
For example the globalization and the digitalization entail sometimes heavy consequences for former flourishing regions. Production and subsequently also the R&D is moving to more promising places. The forlorn regions face big challenges such as unemployment and decay. These developments imply diminishing life quality for the people. However the core task of technology should be to support life quality.
How does science address these challenges?
Call for papers / workshops
ICT has uttered various disruptive technologies with tremendous effects also in science, research, industry, and also with enormous societal impacts. Digitalization of science, research, and industry / SMEs confronts us with new needs also in the management of technologies and in designing of innovation systems. Science, industry, and economy are confronted with the following questions:
- What transformation strategies can be developed regarding the digitalization?
- How can the necessary cultural shift due to digital transformations can be managed?
- Which concepts can be developed to manage the complexity of innovation systems in the future digital world?
- Which novel innovation processes in the digitalization are required?
- Which models will support the new investment in a digital world?
- How can new business models enhance the success of SMEs and large enterprises in a digital world?
- How can be organized the management of production, facility maintenance, and digitalization?
- Which work skills does the digitalization need in the future?
- In which way can the legal and security issues be organized for digital processes?
IAMOT2017 offers a platform for discussing the latest findings in MoT, research and development (R&D) management, innovation systems, etc. but focuses especially on the exploring theoretical frameworks, concepts, and approaches with respect to digitalization.
Innovation systems and strategic thinking
- Complexity of innovation systems in the future digital world
- Future thinking, strategy development, and theory of technology
- Economic and societal impact of technology
- R&D Management
- Project and program management
- Small and medium enterprises and innovation
- Technology management and competitiveness in the globalized world
- Technology transfer, marketing and commercialization
- Management of specific emerging technologies
- Management of technology in developing countries
- New business and investement models in the digital world
- Legal and security issues for digital processes
- Industrial and manufacturing technologies
- Safety and risk management
- Product and service development
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge management
- Future demands for work skills in the digital world
Besides the classical “call for papers” IAMOT2017 will also call for workshops. Workshops are very helpful for spurring new ideas. For instance the convergence and amalgamation of technologies (e.g. digitalization and production) requires multidisciplinary approaches. Also the development of new concepts for regional innovation, frugal innovation, etc. will gain new knowledge when discussed and worked out in a group of experts from all over the world. A workshop with participants from different disciplines and also from science and industry yield new knowledge. A conference is a good platform for such workshops because it brings together experts from all over the world.
|Notification of Acceptance||16 January 2016|
|Submission of Full Paper||01 March 2017|
|Notification of Paper Acceptance/Revision||15 March 2017|
|Final Version||01 April 2017|